Is your sweet corn ready yet? If you’re “all ears” you might find yourself getting a little bored with corn on the cob over the next week or two. (Although, with enough butter, is that really possible?) If you’re looking to mix it up, we’ve got a recipe for a fresh, yummy summer corn salad. We tried this recipe out at an office pitch-in and it was a huge hit. This salad is easy to double (or triple) for a big crowd. And, bonus, with no mayo, it won’t go bad sitting out on your August picnic table. Put the kids to work shucking and try this one tonight. (And check out more summer recipes in the summer issue of our brand-new magazine, The Life by NuTech Seed®!).
Summer corn salad
A simple and delicious side for any summer dinner
- 1 ½ cups cherry tomatoes, halved or quartered
- 5-6 ears of corn, shucked, slightly cooked and cut off the cob
- 2 avocados, peeled, pitted and sliced
- 1/2 red onion (medium), thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 3 T extra virgin olive oil
- Juice from 2 limes
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed or finely minced
- 1 tsp sea salt or 3/4 tsp table salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- In a large salad bowl, combine tomatoes, corn kernels, avocado, red onion and cilantro.
- In a separate bowl, for the dressing, combine olive oil, lime juice, garlic and salt and pepper.
- Drizzle the salad with the dressing and toss gently, just until combined.
- Optional: Serve with tortilla chips.